5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 17, 2015 7:13 AM by dkwolfe@shaw.ca

catalyst control center: host application has stopped working

kokefa

I recently updated to BETA drivers to see if my performance with Fallout 4 got better, but before I had the chance to try I encountered on windows startup that Catalyst Control Center is crashing.

So I thought it could be the BETA drivers causing it, I went back with the whole procedure to uninstall, remove drivers yadayada to install the version I had before.

Funny though, CCC stopped working aswell on windows startup. NOTICE! manually starting both versions didn't work either.

So I started to google for a solution, I checked most computer forums I could find, there was one "solution" but it didn't work for me. SOLUTION WAS: Hide whole users folder and unhide again in case a folder which CCC used were hidden so it couldn't be used.

So I found this forum, searched for my topic and did find a few discussions about this but I never found a solution, so now I'm starting my own discussion in hope for a solution.

Drivers used:

amd-catalyst-15.7.1-with-dotnet45-win7-64bit

amd-catalyst-15.11beta-64bit-win10-win8.1-win7-nov3

I had 15.7.1 before I got the idea to try out the beta drivers, and at that time CCC did work excellent, the crash started to appear after I installed BETA drivers.

The crash still appears after I uninstalled BETA drivers to go back to 15.7.1.

Currently I'm running 15.11 BETA drivers.

My GPU is a R9 290.