annael

Hi,

I have notebook HP ProBook 4530s

Intel Core i5 2,4 GHz

Intel HD Graphics 3000 ( integrated )

ATI Radeon HD 7470m 1 GB ( external )

8 GB RAM

700 GB HDD 7200 rpm

It looks like notebook is working only with Intel. If I disable Intel graphic card in Device Manager my resolution goes to 800x600 ( With Radeon still enabled ). I had really big problems with installing new drivers. When I installed them, system wasn't able to load Intel or Radeon drivers, so it worked only on standby graphic. I don't know how but finally I installed them and system doesn't reports any error with these drivers. But old games ( or low-spec MMO with a few people ) are running slow on 10-20 FPS. Maybe installed drivers still doesn't work properly?  I used Your automatic detect and install aplication to install them. Thanks for help.

*Sorry, I forgot to mention driver version - 15.200.1062.1004

With regards

Annael

• Re: Graphic card doesn't work ?
          waltc

Check out this faqDrivers for AMD Mobility Radeon™ Graphics Products

Follow the link to HP support to find your drivers, if available. If the mobility drivers don't work for you then that means you *have* to use drivers supplied by the OEM--HP, in this case.  That goes along with owning a laptop.

xeleron

Operating system?If you have windows 10 unfortunately Intel does not provide official support for the Sandy bridge generation iGPUs (HD3000).While this may not seem like a big thing,in most hybrid GPU configurations(Intel+AMD or Intel+Nvidia) it is the Intel GPU that actually drives the notebook display and the Intel GPU that chooses whether or not to offload graphic tasks to the more powerful AMD GPU.I know this because I had similar issues with my configuration (Hd3000+quadro gpu) but fortunately the driver that nvidia provides for the quadro card allows me to override the intel gpu(or to completely disable the intel gpu).I woul suggest installing the latest avaialble intel driver then attemp to install the amd driver.Cheers!

annael

Hi,

I tried Win 10 for once and never again. I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit System Pack 1 and I have latest Intel drivers. I did not find any option to boost AMD card. But it's not the problem. As you can see on the screenshot, when I turn off Intel GPU, system will load standby GPU, not AMD. So it looks like AMD doesn't work. So boosting AMD is not the solution. Anyway, thanks

With regards

Annael

annael

Hi,

problem solved. I have updated BIOS, installed Intel drivers from Intel web ( Drivers from Windows update caused the problem - they were old ), did clean install of AMD drivers and now it works. So thanks to AMD support for help ( Ironically ). But thanks to other member for trying to help me

With reagrds

Annael