I just installed a new video card AMD Radeon HD-5450 on my old computer.
I obviously installed the latest catalyst driver downloaded from site of AMD.
I own an old computer with the following characteristics:
1) Motherboard: Asus M2VTVM-VM890
2) Processor: dual-core AMD Athlon 64 X2 2200 MHz
3) Chipset (North Bridge): AMD Hammer DDR2 IMC
4) RAM: Two modules kingston ddr2 667 MHz, each of them 1 GB (2 GB in total).
5) Network Card: Realtek Gigabit Ethernet RTL8169/8110 integrated.
6) Operating System: Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit.
The problem is that when I have to power off and restart the router because it lose the internet connection
(which is equivalent to disconnect the network cable from the motherboard) the AMD video driver crashes.
Then two things can happen:
1) or the video driver is properly restored and everything continues to function normally
2) or, most often, the entire computer freezes and I have to restart it.
Can anyone help me or explain the reasons for the phenomenon?
Thank you all.