1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 9, 2015 4:29 PM by backFireX64

AMD Graphics card/GPU (n00b)

xithian_

Hi. So about 4/5 months ago now, my screen started going Black/White/Green and crashing and it started to show me a message if it didn't just restart "Display drivers have crashed and recovered" I have reinstalled the latest drivers multiple times and it didn't seem to do anything. This driver crash spread like an infection and it happened even more regularly by the day. I installed loads of software to help me moniter my speeds n stuff like that and I realized that every time I played WoW (World of Warcraft) My GPU usage spiked from about 17.0 percent to 99.9 percent (This is GPU tweak btw) I only realized this last night so I upped my fan speed and that seemed to work for that night, but like every other solution I have tried, it just continues to suck the next day. AND today when I was just browsing on google, my GPU Usage sky rocketed randomly and my screen kept going different colours and the Display drivers yet again started crashing and recovering, it seems to have calmed down as I type this but I mean, my display drivers are crashing from browsing on google, so there MUST be something wrong here.

Specs: (Tell me if you need more)

System Typex64-based PC
      ProcessorAMD FX(tm)-6350 Six-Core Processor, 3900 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
      BIOS Version/DateAmerican Megatrends Inc. 2001, 11/09/2014
      Installed Physical Memory (RAM)8.00 GB
      Total Physical Memory7.98 GB
      Available Physical Memory2.33 GB
      Total Virtual Memory16.0 GB
      Available Virtual Memory9.74 GB

So yeah. Plz help. Never buying AMD products again.

• Re: AMD Graphics card/GPU (n00b)
          backFireX64

Hey xithian_ !

Could you please provide feedback for the following?

1. GPU? (model, generation)

2. GPU temperatures at idle and peak load?

3. PSU? (wattage/ model/ brand)

4. Catalyst driver version used?

5. Games that you tested on (apart wow)?

6. Antivirus?

7. What other programs are running in the background ?

8. GPU clock speeds and voltage?