2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 9, 2016 12:41 PM by aytacaksel

Freesync + Crossfire = downclocking/clocks fluctuation

fat4l

Hi.

I decided to ask this question here, however I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask.
      I need AMD to know about this issue.

I decided to stay with AMD even tho we all know AMD is not having the best times now....
      I bought Benq XL2730Z which supports Freesync.

I run 1440p + 144Hz and Asus Ares 3 which is technically 2x290X in crossfire.

I have win10 pro 64bit. I tried 15.7.1 and 15.11 drivers. I tried Win7 64bit. All the rest of my drivers are the latest. My monitor is running V2 firmware. I have Lindy Cromo DP cable,2m + I tried genuine DP cable that came with the monitor, same issues.

When I enable Freesync + disable CF and run 3dmark or any game, my clocks are stable 100%, no fluctuations at all even when the load drops.

When I enable Freesync + enable CF and run 3dmark or any game, my clocks are fluctuating all over the place. They are not stable at all. Causing shuttering/lags and low performance.

When I disable Freesync + enable CF and run 3dmark or any game, my clocks are stable 100%, no fluctuations at all even when the load drops.

Now I want AMD to know about this issue and that I paid for a Freesync monitor for a reason.
      Asus Ares 3 wasn't cheap either.

I hope that you can really look at this issue and that you can resolve Freesync + Crossfire problem asap.

PS: I'm also having an issue with blackscreening/out of range when overclocking my GPU1 core and using more than 60Hz(refreshrate). I tried my friend's 295X2 and it's the same, the only difference is that it happens at different clocks. GPU2 clocks doesn't affect it. Mem clocks don't affect it. Basically, at high core clocks+high refresh rate the gpu stops to be synchronized properly. I believe this might be a driver issue as well.

Thank you