1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 12:59 PM by backFireX64

Catalyst Install Manager has Stopped Working

faiqmunir95

I am usiing Dell Inspiron 5521 i5 with 1GB 7670 Raedon Graphic Card.

Few days back somehow my Raedon driver stopped working. I tried to reinstall it but in the middle I got the error that "Install manager has stopped working". Then I tried to uninstall it properly, and then reinstall it but the problem persists.

I even use CCleaner and GURU app (DDU) but I am still facing the same problem.

Please help me out.AMD Error.jpg

• Re: Catalyst Install Manager has Stopped Working
          backFireX64

First, make sure that the chipset drivers are installed and up to date.

Then, take a few minutes to check for windows corruption. Open up Command Prompt console with administrator rights (right click on windows start button), type sfc/scannow and press enter.

Reboot if prompted.

Now try this:

-Disconnect internet. [you don't want windows update to interfere]

-Try from device manager and uninstall driver & software for your display adapter. Hit the "scan for hardware changes" button located on the top section of the main window. If windows finds and installs a catalyst driver/ software, repeat the previous process, until you are left ONLY with the basic microsoft vga driver.

-Boot into safe mode and use DDU for AMD. Let it clean and reboot normally.

-Upon reboot, go to these locations:

1. C:\ and look for "AMD" folder

2. C:\Program Files\AMD

3. C:\Program Files (x86)\AMD

4. C:\ProgramData\ATI (hidden folder, so press the "view" tab on any open window and check "hidden")

5. C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\AMD

6. C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Local\ATI

7. C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\AMD

8. C:\Users\"your user name"\AppData\Roaming\ATI

Delete all folders with the "AMD" "ATI" names, if they still exist.

-Use ccleaner (cleaner & registry tabs)

-Click on "Run" (right click start menu button) and type %temp% . A window will open, and you must delete ALL files/ folders inside (don't worry, this is only a folder that temporary keeps files)

-Express Install the latest 15.11 beta driver from this link (make sure you download this, before disconnecting the internet):

Desktop

Make sure you run the installer with administrator rights.

Let it finish and reboot ONLY when prompted by the installer

-Upon reboot, you can now reconnect to the internet.

If this fails, then something else is wrong.