AnsweredAssumed Answered

2nd monitor not detected

Question asked by jcooper on Nov 6, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 8, 2015 by t77chevy

I am just a mom - not a tech person of any kind. I bought a brand new ASUS M32 Series PC for use with work. I need 2 monitors for spreadsheets - not for gaming or anything fun. The PC comes with AMD A10 Graphics Card, specifically the AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics. I also bought 2 brand new flat screen tv's to use as the monitors. The back of the PC has an HDMI and VGA connection ports - nothing else. I have both tv's plugged into both ports and only the one with the HDMI is detected. I can switch the tvs and the cables and only the HDMI port is recognized when a tv is plugged into it. When only the VGA port is used, it works as well. I have enabled multi-screen use in the Bios, I have switched the settings to expand the screens and everything else easily found when "googling" for answers. Still nothing works. The PC won't detect a second screen when I plug the VGA in. Does anyone have advice on something I might be missing (and please don't use the cool tech terms - I'm not tech literate AND I'm a blonde - so break it down for me Barney Style please)? And yes, I've made sure that the Inputs on the TV are correct. Thanx for any help!

Here is a pic of the PC and one of the TV's and their connections:

IMG_5729.JPG

Outcomes