2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 2:46 PM by ebonclaw

My Black & Green Rig

codfish

Description

This is my gaming PC I built a few years back with the LED green fans. I have the NZXT Hue that glows green and my mouse and keyboard illuminate the same color.. I have since upgraded my main drive to a SSD, my graphics card to 970, Added the liquid cooler, added 2 more monitors and a 3T hard drive. This next month I will be bumping up the the 8-core and giving my wife the 6. What do you think? What should I improve next to get the best performance out of this rig?

2015-10-30 12.05.45.jpg

Specifications

CPUAMD FX-6100 Unclocked Processor
      CoolerNZXT RL-KRX31-01
      MotherboardGA-990XA-UD3 Motherboard
      Memory(2) 4 GB Corsair Vengance
      GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
      Disc Drive 1OCZ-ARC100 240GB
      Disc Drive 2Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD
      Disc Drive 3Seagate 1.5TB 7200RPM HDD
      PSUNZXT Hale82 750W
      CaseNZXT Phantom 410
      Monitor(x3)HP LV2311 (23")
        • Re: My Black & Green Rig
          lanejohnson

Nice setup, but its a shame to hide her under the desk.

• Re: My Black & Green Rig
            ebonclaw

Don't forget to check to ensure your MoBo can support a 125W CPU that the 8 core AMDs require before attempting to install.  You can of course look into a better GPU, but unless you've got Fury's in X-Fire, everyone can say that.  The existing one should hold up fine for where you're at. 

Make sure if you end up needing to buy a new MoBo you get one with a nice big VRM for overclocking, the 8 core chips are great, you should be able to get at least 500mhz more out of them.  You're on liquid cooling, so probably closer to 700mhz-1ghz additional.