1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 5, 2015 2:28 AM by kingfish

HD 6500 card issues

originalsophie

Hi,

Recently I have noticed issues with my HD 6500 graphics card in an Acer laptop. I have tried installing Catalyst Control as well as updating drivers, however both times I try to install it comes up with error message and quits installation. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit.

I have tried to update drivers with Device Manager however this just says it's up to date.

I also have shared graphics with basic Intel HD.

Thanks,

Sophie

• Re: HD 6500 card issues
          kingfish

Your laptop is equipped with switchable graphics. In order to update the AMD driver, the Intel graphics should be the current version. Go to this Intel link, and manually ( do not use the Intel Driver Update Utility) find the latest graphics driver for your laptop, as pictured. Download and save it to your desktop. If you don't know which version of Intel graphics you have, look in device manager.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/default.aspx

Screenshot_2_1.png

Download these AMD drivers to your desktop.

For Windows 8.1 or Windows 7

Downloads | techPowerUp

Now delete the Intel drivers from your computer using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

Uninstall the AMD drivers from your computer using the 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel.

NOTICE IMPORTANT AMD DRIVER UNINSTALL:******

******Computers with Intel processors select 'express' uninstall all AMD software including the install manager.

******Computers with AMD processors custom uninstall the AMD graphics driver and Catalyst Control Panel only.

Reboot.

Note: All anti-malware/anti-virus/anti-anything should be disabled during driver installation.

Install the Intel drivers...reboot

Install the AMD drivers...reboot