AnsweredAssumed Answered

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650

Question asked by boats on Nov 4, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 by kingfish

Hope someone can help

I have a HP Pavilion dv6 3150se Laptop with Intel HD Graphics and AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphic cards.

I was running windows 7 SP 1 and continuously had problems when I updated the AMD Catalyst Control Centre with it not installing properly.

To the point that I went to HP's site to download the original driver that my laptop came with, and stopped doing updates for AMD.

So now I have updated to windows 10 Home 64 bit, and after the installation the AMD CCC came up and I was asked to select the defaults which I did, and I thought that my problems were solved, but the switchable graphics did not work. Laptop was continuously on high performance profile. It seemed that the Intel card was not picked up even when it was on battery power.

When I use the AMD CCC or the app on AMD's website to check for an update it said that my system was up to date.

But when I searched on the website and I selected the options for my laptop, the update version showed on the website is different to what windows installed on my laptop.

But as I thought the problem was with the Intel card, I tried to uninstall the Intel driver so that it can be reinstalled on start up which it did.

So now my Intel card is working and it shows in the Device Manager for the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 series  "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

In my Programs and Features it now shows "ATI Catalyst Install Manager" Version: 3.0.790.0

So now I am searching for solutions to fix the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5650 problem, and there is so much rubbish out there.

I do understand that my laptop is 4 1/2 years old and there is no guarantee, but AMD states on http://support.amd.com/en-us/search/faq/285

The following products have driver support for Windows 10® and DirectX® 11:

AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics

AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics

I am a little worried to install the driver from AMD as I never had any luck with it previously in any case.

This is the version it shows me to use on AMD's web site:

The AMD Catalyst™ Software Suite, AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 contains the following:

• AMD Catalyst™ Display Driver version 15.20.1062.1004

Any suggestions/help out there?

Boats

Outcomes