9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 4, 2015 4:57 AM by fsadough

W7100 is crashing Rhino

jonniegodfrey

Hello AMD Forum,

I have a W7100 but have been having some problems with it. Anyone have any ideas please? Details below.

My main software is Rhino, and the W7100 has been causing regular crashes - the ATI driver has been identified by McNeel as the cause of the crashes.

One of the reasons I bought it was for the OpenCL support, to use with VRay RT inside Rhino - but the OpenCL does not work with VRay - I get a black screen where I should be seeing a progressive render appearing. I have tried installing an OpenCL SDK from both AMD and Intel, at the suggestion of Chaos Group, but this did not help either. The OpenCL does, however, work with some other software (PTGui, AgiSoft PhotoScan).

The card also seems to be not so fast as I was expecting from the specs - it seems much the same as the V4800 it is replacing.

Many thanks for any help or suggestions - I have already done the obvious stuff - eg the latest driver installed. The only ISV driver for the FirePros and Rhino only goes up as far as the W5100 and is quite old (13.nnn), and I could not get it to work with this card.

Jonnie