5 Replies Latest reply on Dec 12, 2015 6:14 AM by magikarp97

AMD Mobility Radeon HD 500 Series driver bug report

abel

Hello,

I'm not sure if this forum is the correct one to report bugs but if this isn't the correct one please redirect-me to the correct one.

I made this discussion to report a bug of the AMD Mobility Radeon HD 500 Series drivers on windows 10,

Since I installed windows 10 I got a problem with the drivers of my graphic card, I can't change the screen luminosity, I can use the keyboard shortcuts or go to the control panel change but whatever value of luminosity I change to the screen keeps the same luminosity, this is really no good thing for my eyes

I know the problem is from the driver because when I switch o the "microsoft basic graphic card driver" I can change the luminosity and the luminosity of the screen really changes, but when I switch again to the AMD driver (I always change to the latest driver I have installed) the luminosity of the screen I changed using the "microsoft basic graphic card driver" is keept but if I try to change it using the AMD driver It does nothing on the screen, the problem

My system:

Acer Aspire 5740G

Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740 (512mb)

• Re: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 500 Series driver bug report
          abel

Seems I was disconnected before post and the page didn't saved everything and thers no option to edit the first message :/

Anyway, forget everything after the phrase "(I always change to the latest driver I have installed)" and read this as if this were the continuation of the topic:

(I always change to the latest driver I have installed) the luminosity of the screen I changed using the "microsoft basic graphic card driver" is keept but if I try to change it using the AMD driver It does nothing on the screen,but when I use "microsoft basic graphic card driver" It is like if the graphic card were turned off and I can't play games using the "microsoft basic graphic card driver", and change drivers during the game just for change the luminosity is not a good idea.

Can this problem be solved by some technician of AMD please?

Note: I got windows 10 by upgrading my windows 7, in windows 7 all worked fine.

My system:

Acer Aspire 5740G

Graphic card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5740 (512mb)

==================

It is my first time using the forums of AMD and already detected a problem... or two,

-there is no option to edit the text of the topic (thats not a big problem and I understand why there is no option for that)

-I can't see what is on the left side of my text when I'm answering because of the social network items.

pinform

Hi Abel,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I have white-listed you, so you should be able to directly post in the relevant developer forum.

-there is no option to edit the text of the topic (thats not a big problem and I understand why there is no option for that)

Do you see the "Actions" menu item just below your post? If you see it, then click "Edit" and go ahead and edit your post.

-I can't see what is on the left side of my text when I'm answering because of the social network items.

You should be able to click the < icon below the social network items to minimize the items.

Let me know if the above two suggestions don't work.

I'll move this post to the relevant dev forum.

Happy posting!

--Prasad

magikarp97

Found any solutions for that? I have your same problem and I wasn't able to find this post in the relevant dev forum.