AnsweredAssumed Answered

Alt tab = crash with Asus Strix r9 390

Question asked by robbierobski on Nov 1, 2015
Latest reply on Nov 6, 2015 by goodplay

Hi guys, I just upgraded to this card the other day and I've been experiencing a really frustrating issue where alt tabbing will seem to crash my display driver or something.

What happens is the game I am playing will stop at whatever frame was last drawn, there is no more sound coming from the game, and I can't seem to use any keyboard commands like ctrl alt del. I'm usually on teamspeak as well and every time this has happened, I can still hear people talking in teamspeak but they can't hear me. And although I seemingly still have network connectivity (since I can hear people on teamspeak) my twitch broadcast does stop. Besides happening when I alt tab it has also happened when I received a windows 10  toast notification. In fact one of the toast notifications specifically said something about an amd driver failing but out of all the times this has happened, I've only ever seen that toast notification once. I'm not sure if what I found in event viewer relates to the toast, but these two events do basically coincide with the timestamp of when my system is forecfully shut down (power switch/reset button).

Warning:Private Paste - Pastie

Error: Private Paste - Pastie

After installing the new r9 390 I attempted to download the latest driver using the auto detect utility, but it said I was already using the latest version. I am currently on the insider slow ring build 10565 but even so I was previously using an r7 260x and this wasn't happening.

My motherboard is ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G

My DxDiag

At the moment I've only been playing Counter Strike GO and Rust.

Thanks in advance.

Outcomes