2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 30, 2015 2:11 PM by natasha

Linux OpenCL 2.0 support for FirePro W2100

giantcone

I have a W2100 FirePro card on a RHEL 6.6 system using the latest Catalyst Driver 14.502.1040 as given by the AMD Graphics Driver search for this card.  I wanted to try out some of the OpenCL 2.0 examples from the AMDAPP SDK however those binaries fail with the following message:

> ./HeatPDE

Platform 0 : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Platform found : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Selected Platform Vendor : Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.

Device 0 : Oland Device ID is 0x11a1530

Expected Error: Unsupported device! Required CL_DEVICE_OPENCL_C_VERSION 2.0 or higher

I'm guessing this is due to the Catalyst Driver not having the OpenCL 2.0 support?  The specification of the W2100 at http://www.amd.com/en-us/products/graphics/workstation/firepro-3d/2100  state that this card is capable of supporting OpenCL 2.0.  I also ran the "/opt/AMDAPPSDK-3.0/bin/x86_64/clinfo" utility and found the following result under the information of my FirePro card:

Device OpenCL C version:     OpenCL C 1.2
        Driver version:     1642.5 (VM)

Will there be a Linux Catalyst Driver for FirePro cards (such as mine) that provides OpenCL 2.0 support in the near future (or ever)?

There's another forum posting about this issue qizhu.cs posted earlier this year, however I believe that was in the context of a Radeon card.  I'm uncertain if a Radeon relevant driver would work with my FirePro W2100, or if I even want to try that if possible.  I checked for a Beta Linux Catalyst Driver for the FirePros and found none.