AnsweredAssumed Answered

Bootcamp drivers with Oculus Rift DK2 Support

Question asked by sakahn on Oct 27, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 10, 2016 by ymkim50

I am running iMac 5K. Running Windows 10 using Bootcamp. Installed Oculus 0.7 runtime and current AMD drivers for Radeon M295x, version 15.201.1301.0. Oculus control panel doesn't complain about the drivers. As per the download page of 0.7:

The recommended driver is:

AMD Catalyst Display Driver Version 15.200.1062.1005 or later

So I guess that my current driver should be fine. AMD does not release general drivers for Bootcamp and it is not possible to install the latest beta. So the only possible version is 15.201.1301.0.

I have connected DK2 using a mini-display (thunderbolt) to HDMI cable. Oculus is detected as the second display by Windows. The blue light is always on. There is no display when duplicating the existing screen but I can see the wallpaper if the desktop is extended.

Nevertheless, Oculus control panel simply says "No HMD Connected". I rebooted the machine while the HMD is connected via HDMI but it is not working. I am willing to do any type of debugging to figure out the cause of this issue, but I am not sure if my setup (machine, graphic card, driver) is sufficient for DK2 to run. I would be grateful to find out if the current Bootcamp drivers officially support Oculus Rift DK2, or we have to wait till the next release whenever it may be. Thanks for any help.

Outcomes