I currently have the following system specs:
- AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
- G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
- ASUS Crosshair III Formula 790 FX
- ATI HD5870 XFX
I build this system about 5 years ago. Currently running Win 7. Im looking to do a full upgrade once the AM4 processors are released in 2016. This includes an 8-core processor, 32GB RAM, and the R9 Fury. However, until then, Id like to boost it as much as possible without requiring a new motherboard. So, a few questions for the AMD wise.
1) Is it worth buying a better AM3 socket processor now?
2) Is the R9 Fury worth it with the proc that I have currently?
3) or Should I just upgrade my RAM to 8 or 16 GB and wait on the rest until the full upgrade?