0 Replies Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 7:54 AM by lehjr

Wallpaper corrupt on resume from standby

lehjr

Basically, when the system resumes from standby, the wallpaper is corrupted. I'm using "AMD Catalyst 15.9", however, the issue is much older, as I've had it for a couple of years now. I don't know if this issue is specific to the Cinnamon desktop or the driver, as it appears to have also been in Gnome at one time. This is a link to the current bug report filed by someone else on the Cinnamon repo.

Desktop 's background is break after awake from suspend in AMD proprietary driver (fglrx) · Issue #4747 · linuxmint/Cinn…

Long story short, according to the bug report discussion linked in the bug report, it may be an FBO related issue:

"This is a known interaction problem between the way GNOME stores its backgrounds and the fact that FBO contents are not preserved across suspend / resume cycles. In general, applications should avoid relying on FBO contents being preserved across mode switches or VT switches."

Note that Cinnamon is a fork of Gnome. Anyway, this is what it looks like on my screen

Screenshot from 2015-10-26 08:50:16.png