1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 26, 2015 2:58 AM by amdmatt

Windows 10 Radeon HD 7400 spontaneously changes mode

rochrunner

Since upgrading to Windows 10, occasionally when doing things like browsing, I'll hear a "notification sound" from the speakers followed by a click from the monitor as the screen goes dark and then comes back in a different resolution -- usually a low-res mode. A second or two later, the same sequence repeats and it comes back up in the default mode, but usually with my windows resized and moved around due to being in the low-res mode.

This is getting very annoying and disruptive. It usually happens while I'm browsing, but that might be because that's where I've been spending most of my time recently. I ran the driver detect utility and it tells me that I have the latest drivers.

Any ideas?

• Re: Windows 10 Radeon HD 7400 spontaneously changes mode
          amdmatt

Hi Doug Gordon,

I believe Windows is forcing through a driver update. Please complete the following steps to stop Windows from Auto Updating and Overwriting your current AMD Graphics Driver.

Note, after doing the below i would recommend you uninstall all AMD Drivers and use the latest versions available via your Laptop Manufacturer.

Please use the following link to disable automatic driver updates in Windows 10. Additionally, please make sure get updates for other Microsoft products is not enabled.

Untitled.jpg

Was my post helpful? If so, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful where applicable.