1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 23, 2015 4:31 PM by t77chevy

GTA V Unplayable at higher Graphics settings R9 390

badtactics

If I have the graphics set above high and anything like MSAA turned on the game gets so laggy its unplayable. If I turn everything down it only lags at certain times. Like when first getting in a vehicle the throttle will be stuck open and the wheel will be stuck in what ever direction I placed them in. Does this for 3 to 5 seconds then I can continue as normal.

I have disabled antivirus. Run with only one monitor. Ran without team speak. Literally turned everything off that I could see that might be causing a problem.

I have a FX 8120 proccessor

16 Gigs of ram

and a asus R9 390 Graphics card.

• Re: GTA V Unplayable at higher Graphics settings R9 390
          t77chevy

if you have all updates for the game , the first thing to try is delete the xml folder as sometimes this gets corrupt ," that's under documents/rockstar/gta5 and the very bottom file should be a xml folder "

that folder saves the graphics settings and custom key mapping, so look in game if you don't remember what they are .

if that doesn't work then overlay msi afterburner on screen overlay and watch cpu/ram/pagefile/gpu usage and see what is maxing out or dropping out during the stuttering / fps loss