12 Replies Latest reply on Oct 25, 2015 7:06 PM by 1337cammy

AMD 8350 Eight Core

greenhorn

Hi all I'm a Greenhorn  

Have resently build my third pc and this one is a buity, but there is still one or two things, and I hope that someone out there can help or give me an advice.

My PC: House NZXT PHANTOM, Motherboard Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5, with a AMD 4GHz 8350 eight core prossesor, Graphik Card AMD Radeon R9 200 serie, RAM 2x8 Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz, HD Corsair Neutron ssd 256GB and 5 other Hd's now my ? My prossesor only runs Maximum with 6 cores and I can,t find out how to unlock core7 & 8 ! And anyway I realy would like to trim my PCcan so that it get's more Speed but I don't realy know how to do it. Can someone from you in Red Team help me? I realy would apriciate if you could. Later I will buy another 2 from thees Corsair vengeance so I will have 32GB RAM

Thank you and

Grets from Switzerland

Greenhorn 

• Re: AMD 8350 Eight Core
          zealotki11er

Go to system BIOS and reset it to defaults and all Cores should be enabled. Dont bother getting 32GB of RAM. Yours system is never going to use that much.

1337cammy

DRAM is not directly increasing your speed.

Its' purpose is to be a dynamic memory for your CPU so it will work stable instead of chaching everything to your harddrive which is wayyy slower.

So to sum up: Simply adding more RAM won't make an old Atari console to a modern competition console.

It's only there to make your CPU and your whole processing like it should be: smooth.

Why did you deactivate 2 cores and how many wattages do you have left? (Wattage of your PSU pls)

Which graphics card do you have?

Which games do you play and what are you ecspecting to reach?

e.g. 4k gaming or lower resolution like 1080p high fps?

bossirq

HEllO Guys thank you for all the info

greenhorn

Hi Marcel, Hi Orjon

First thank you both for your fast answer. I never deleted thees 2 cors my Motherboard was running in default possition and I wanted thees 8 cors but I could only enable 6 of them and thats the reason why I'm asking. I will try your advice Orjo and see if it helps.

I don't play much, I play some of the WWC games, but I make Films which I like to look in 4k

I have a AMD Radeon R9 200 serie Graphikcard, it's not the best but I have 3D and 4K whith it

AMD is Realy good and doesen't cost much for what they Perform, have had AMD GPU's in the three last computers that I've build and in the this and the second one I had AMD CPU's.

They are at least as good as Intel but less expensiv.

I like when my machin runs fast, I don't have that patience, don't like waiting. My first pc 1986 (LOL) I had to have patience,wow that was a thing, in those years we were Proud when we had a 250MB HD and 8MB RAM LOL, it toke almost 15 min tIl it was booted.

Thank you Guy's I will follow your advices at ones

Peter

1337cammy

And again: which graphics card do you have exactly? there is a big difference between a 270 and a 295x2 since they are booth cards of the 200-series.

greenhorn

Hi Marcel Sry I didn't answer u, if I'm not completely wrong it's an Radeon R9 280

Greets Peter

1337cammy

If it is so you got a really great gaming rig.

The 280/X is a great card for 1080p gaming and I used it for myself for nearly 2 years.

Try to get some informations about your card on CPU-Z or the backplate on your card.

There should be a few barcodes in which the cardname should be noted.

spr9280x.jpg

greenhorn

Hi Marcel I have checkt what kind of GPU I have whith GPU-Z and it sais it's an Tahiti, and there are alot of possibilitys to make my machine to run better and faster, and I will try some off them.

Thank you for the tip.

Peter

1337cammy

I haven't done any advices yet, didn't I? ^^

Just wanted to let you know that if you got a 280X there is no need to upgrade for the next 1-2 year/s since you got a quite good mid range card which should handle everything on 1080p with small decreasing in gamesettings.

To sum up: jumping to a better mid range card like the 290 would be a too small performance jump for the bucks you pay for a completely new card.

Hold your money back for a while and get a fury/nano or even a new "arctic island" card if they will be available in the future in which you finally want to bump up your graphical performance.

Regards.

feverstriker

Tahiti is a 280x isnt it?

1337cammy

Tahiti is an old name from an AMD-GPU (28nm architecture) since the amd 7xxx series.

It was the peak of the 7xxx since the 7870 boost.

Furthermore, cards like the 7950, 7950 boost, 7970, 7970 GHz edition and the allmighty 7990 with its' 2x Tahiti GPUs called "Malta" had this GPU in it.

The 280/X is a more or less "redesigned" version of this cards.

280s' GPU is called "Tahiti Pro2" while the 280Xs' GPU is called "Tahiti XTL".

But all in all they got Tahiti GPUs.