1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 22, 2015 5:29 AM by amdmatt

3 display setup

piperz

I'm having trouble doing a 3 monitor setup after reinstalling windows on my computer.   

Here are the specs and details:

Graphics card: r9 280x

Monitor 1: mini-display port -> HDMI

Monitor 2: DVI -> HDMI

Monitor 3: HDMI -> HDMI 

This used to work before until after i reformatted my computer. I have all the latest drivers intalled. I can only extend desktop with only 2 monitors and if i try to extend it to a 3rd monitor, it requires me to replace an existing display. I had no problem with this setup at all before so i don't know where i went wrong.    Hope you guys could help me out. Thank you!

• Re: 3 display setup
          amdmatt

Hi Cley Miguel,

Are all three displays the same?

What Drivers did you have installed previously?

I would recommend using those drivers, otherwise you may need to use an Active Adapter on the 3rd display to get it to function correctly on our latest drivers.

Utilising an active adapter instead of a passive adapter utilizes a small chip inside the adapter that converts the DisplayPort signal to a signal that is usable by a VGA/DVI/HDMI connection, while still maintaining the DisplayPort standard. Using a passive adapter just converts the DisplayPort output to a legacy/passive output.

For a list of certified adapters, you can refer to http://support.amd.com/en-us/recommended/eyefinity-adapters, as these are adapters that our certification team has tested with our cards and found them to be compatible with all AMD products. For reference regarding the difference between single-link and dual-link DVI adapters, the single-link has a maximum resolution of 1920x1200, while dual-link adapters (featuring more pins) can support up to 2560x1600. This relies on using a dual-link DVI wire as well, however.

Was my post helpful? If so, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful where applicable.