AnsweredAssumed Answered

FirePro V4900 cannot work properly on Windows 10

Question asked by emeraldbian on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 25, 2016 by ranger853

It has been two months since I upgraded the new Windows 10 on my desktop equipped AMD FirePro V4900 1G DDDR5. Everything works perfectly until a week ago. There is a system notice at the right corner saying "Graphic driver failed to start,  use Microsoft basic display driver instead" always appear on the screen. When I checked the dxdiag.exe, the display card was automatically switched to the Microsoft basic display driver instead. After that, I have the problem of display with flickering and flashing while opening up any new windows. I uninstalled and reinstalled the lasted AMD graphic driver through the device manager but that didn't help me out. Actually I cannot uninstall the AMD graphics and controller center smoothly, which always get "critical error" freezing on the display and then I had to reboot the computer. The last time I installed the lasted AMD graphics driver (edition 15.200.1045) directly downloaded from the AMD sites, which is different from the edition (15.200.1060) I got through clicking the "Update driver" on the Device Manager. Help me out! The display keeps flashing.

Outcomes