AnsweredAssumed Answered

No Raid 5 selection available in RaidXpert 15.7.1?

Question asked by wildstar87 on Oct 20, 2015
Latest reply on Jan 5, 2016 by yurtesen

I have an Asus M5A99FX Pro motherboard.  I just clean installed Windows 10, and am using UEFI Driver selection in the bios.  I loaded both the 15.7.1 Chipset drivers, as well as 15.7.1 RaidXpert.

The were no options in the UEFI bios to determine raid configuration.  Only if I use Legacy rom am I presented with configuration options, but that won't work in UEFI mode.  I'm not booting off this array in any case so I figured I could use RaidXpert to configure the raid in Windows.

In RaidXpert, I am only given the options of Raid 0, Raid 1, JBOD.  There is no listed option for Raid 5, as in the documentation.  The 990FX/SB950 chipset has the Raid5 ability, so why is this not available in the selections?

I dug further in the driver folder, and it doesn't even look like there are drivers that EXIST for Windows 10, even though it says otherwise.  So it looks like it's just using the built-in Windows driver.

So what's the deal AMD?  Where are the actual Windows 10 Raid drivers for this chipset, and why can I not setup a Raid5 in this?

Outcomes