24 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 2:22 PM by littlegirl

Driver makes the LED TV with Blurry Text

littlegirl

The driver I'm using is 14.100.0.0 date 04/17/2014. If I use anything newer the screen looks really bad. I don't want to hear it is the LED TV. So why did AMD change they driver. Now people that have a LED TV have no choose but to use a driver that is almost 1-1/2 yrs old. Everything that comes down the pike for games they jump through hoops for them.

I have tried many support tickets will no reply. AMD is now in the same boat as Nvidia that they don't give a crap about people that run a LED TV. I have been using a LCD or LED TV for almost 10 ten yrs with no problems. It all started with driver 14.9 - 9/24/2014. I think that is when they came out with the new CCC.

I run windows 7 & 10. Windows 7 looks great with 14.4. Windows 10 with 15.7.1 it is so bad that if I run 10 to long it starts to give a headache. They going to fix it or that I have to live with a blurry screen the rest of my life.   

• Re: Driver makes the LED TV with Blurry Text
          fsadough
          1. What is your graphics card?
          2. What is your LED TV?
          3. How is your LED TV connected?
            littlegirl

Plus I really thank everybody for the help. The thing is that it isn't windows that is trying to run it a higher HZ rate. It is CCC that is trying to do it. Here are the Facts. The TV is a 60hz TV. The TV isn't connected to the internet. So the TV can't get Updates. It is the same cable I have been using all the time.

I update drivers from 14.4 and older with no Problems. I have not made any adjustments to CCC or TV to any of the drivers 14.4 and older. Install the driver and I'm on my way. Yes I supply everybody with everything they want. But the bottom line is that nothing has change other then the driver.

Plus it isn't just ME: https://community.amd.com/thread/183580

Plus we run windows 7 & 10 on this computer. Windows 10 is so bad on this problem I don't like running it. Plus windows 10 is having problem with this across the board too. My boyfriend has been doing computer work for 30 yrs and has given up on it. Like I said thank you for the help. But till somebody goes back and see what the difference is between the 14.4 vs 14.9 driver.

I have tried different cables from DVI to HDMI, HDMI to HDMI & DVI / HDMI adapter with a HDMI to HDMI cable. Nothing makes any changes other than making it worse. I even tried in the in the two DVI ports.

fsadough

As I mentioned before CCC does not have super powers to do anything. the OS is in charge at all time. CCC presents what OS has transmitted. So CCC does not change the Hz from 60 to 70, unless you do it manually. It is what OS has reported to CCC. I need to have the EDID in .txt or .bin so I can investigate. It would be quite interesting to see how your TV behaves if you connect it through HDMI-HDMI cable before blaming the driver.

littlegirl

I have tried different cables from DVI to HDMI, HDMI to HDMI & DVI / HDMI adapter with a HDMI to HDMI cable. Nothing makes any changes other than making it little worse. I even tried in the in the two DVI ports & HDMI.

The video card has two DVI Ports the kind without the 4 pin holes that top & bottom of the little flat pin. HDMI is a little worse. I even have tried the adapter that is DVI to HDMI.

Yes I understand you don't want to blame the driver just yet. Yes I could see if I just build the computer and was trying it for the first time. Maybe it was the TV, cable or some hardware. But the thing is nothing has change other then the driver.

Plus where is the drop box?

fsadough

Drivers change. If drivers are not supposed to change, what's the point of coming up with new drivers. The point I am getting at is that one or two reported issues are isolated cases. If it was a driver issue, our support lines would be busy all the time. I cannot help you, if I don't have the EDID info. Once I have the EDID I can tell you more. Sorry, I thought you were familiar with dropbox. Dropbox is a free storage service. If you are not signed up, then please upload it to: Forum - Box

fsadough

Just tried the R9 290X / Win 7 64bit / 15.7.1 driver / HDMI <=> HDMI Cable and your EDID emulated on my monitor. It works flawless and no blurry text at all. Do you have a spare hard drive, you can install a fresh copy of Windows 7 with all the updates and then install 15.7.1 and connect your LED with an HDMI-HDMI cable? I can't reproduce the issue, it must be system related.

littlegirl

I did some testing with the drivers I'm using 14.4 and using a HDMI to HDMI cable. I have blurry text. If I go back to the DVI to HDMI cable it is clear. I'm going to do some testing with this computer and with another computer. I do have a brand new 24" led monitor too I'm going to try. 

fsadough

Where did you buy your HDMI cable? Which HDMI version is it? Please make sure you use a good quality HDMI cable. There are plenty of cheap HDMI cables out there specially from China that do not follow VESA standards.

littlegirl

I have done some testing and what I came up with is it is how I have everything connected. I have two LED TV's. Both TV's act about the same. But the thing is if I connect through the VGA port no matter what driver I use it is clear. Plus the VGA port supports 1920 x 1080 on both TV's.

Plus I have a computer with a Nvidia card in it and that is even clear on the VGA port too. I don't really care how it is connected as long as it has a clear picture and no blurry text. The thing is as long as the computer is connected with the DVI / HDMI cable with driver 14.4 it is clear.

The other thing it is the same thing happens to the other person I link too. Plus we are using 3 different brand TV's too. This is from him and I don't care about Blu-rays.

I can plug in the card using a DVI-->VGA cable and retain the sharp(ish) picture using a higher numbered catalyst driver than 14.1, but then I lose the ability to play blurays (the Corel bluray software complains you can't play blurays using an 'analog' connection).

Was this just a monitor or a 32" / 39" LED TV.

Just tried the R9 290X / Win 7 64bit / 15.7.1 driver / HDMI <=> HDMI Cable and your EDID emulated on my monitor.

tomtalk24

Have you played around with overscan. I use a 3D TV but it was all ugly until I changed it to 0. My TV would still scale the picture to fit so didn't know what was going on until to changed it from -10 to 0. Now its crisp.

Just a shot in the dark as you may have already tried.

littlegirl

I doesn't matter what I do. I'm not having any problem with the overscan. I'm having a problem going from 14.4 drive and older with no problems. If I use any driver after 14.4 it looks like crap. So I'm still stuck at driver 14.4. I have tried everything under the sun from different cables, adapters, to even connected DVI to VGA.

Yes I know it could be the TV that could be most of the problem. But the thing here is why does it work with any driver before 14.9 for almost ten yrs with no problems. Yes drivers change but what change from 14.4 to 14.9. Plus this has been a problem with other people on the old forum and one other person here.

Plus we are now back to the BSOD that we haven't had for over a year. We have found that if you reinstall the driver over the drive 2 or 3 times it will fix it self. The Bsod will stop. I'm sorry I have to say this, but why should we have to jump through hoops to try to make any driver 14.9 and new to make it work.

If I do install 14.9 or newer. I have to adjust everything under the sun on the computer & TV just to make it look 1/2 good. Put everything back default settings uninstall 14.9 or newer. Reinstall 14.4 restart the computer and everything is great without making any adjustments at all. Plus this has been great on 3 different TV's. I have tried all 3 TV's again and the all do the same thing. 14.4 OK 14.9 BAD.

I THANK EVERYBODY THAT TRIED TO HELP, BUT WE WILL HAVE TO LIVE WITH WHAT WE HAVE.

It is a common problem out there: http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2313963/blurry-text-hdmi.html  

http://superuser.com/questions/435989/display-is-slightly-blurry-on-native-1920x1080-resolution/435994#435994

littlegirl

I have since updated to the newest driver in windows 7. The thing is If I run the screen at 1920x1080 it looks like crap. Now if I run it in 1680x1050 it looks great. So far I'm happy with the 1680x1050. Yes it would be nice to run it 1920x1080 but I don't really care. I couldn't do that with the older driver.