AnsweredAssumed Answered

ZeroCore not working since Windows 10 upgrade

Question asked by snaiper on Oct 18, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 21, 2015 by amdmatt

I have Sapphire Radeon R9 270X TOXIC graphics card, and I've had it for quite some time. One amazing thing about it is that it completely turns off when screen turns off. At least that was the case on Windows 8.1. Ever since the upgrade to Windows 10 that feature just wouldn't work. It appears as if the GPU wants to turn off but drivers/Windows is not letting it; and here I'll explain why it seems so:

TOXIC version of the 270X has LED-lit text on it saying "Sapphire" which turns on and off alongside the GPU. Now, whenever it turns on or off a "bzing" sound can be heard, which I suppose is normal. Now, the reason I'm saying that is because when my screen is off and PC is inactive, when ZeroCore is supposed to kick in, I can hear that "bzing" sound happen, yet nothing turning on or off. As if the GPU wants to turn itself off, yet something, such as Windows system, is not letting it happen. Whilst my PC is inactive, I hear that sound every 5-10 minutes (didn't measure quite right, but that is about the period I feel it happens in, and that is also the time when ZeroCore is supposed to kick in) - as if the GPU is trying to get itself into the low-power mode, yet something on software side is not letting it.

TL;DR:

• I have R9 270X TOXIC and ZeroCore used to work with it on Windows 8.1 (GPU turns off when screen turns off pretty much).
  • Ever since the Windows 10 upgrade it no longer works.
  • "Bzing" sound (of LED lights turning on/off with the GPU fans) can be heard when it's trying to go into ZeroCore, yet it isn't, as if something is preventing it.

Anyone else having this issue?

Anyone found a fix yet?

Issue reported on Ten Forums

Outcomes