AnsweredAssumed Answered

issue with performance (low fps)

Question asked by joaopalma on Oct 17, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 23, 2015 by ashaneba

Hi, a couple of months ago i bought an HP pavilion 17 notebook pc with a AMD A8-6410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics (quad-core, 2ghz) and a AMD Radeon R7 M260 graphic card.

Recently i've been having this issue where i get low fps on games like League of Legends even while running the game on minimum quality. I start the game with 120 fps, which is great, but when the game starts getting a little bit more demanding on graphics (more players on screen or spells being used) it drops to permanent 50-60 fps. That wouldn't be half bad if it didn't end up going all the away down to 20 fps or lower during every single teamfights. Again, as i've mentioned before, this happens while i'm running the game on MINIMUM quality. Not medium, not ultra, MINIMUM quality.

I've tried everything, from reinstalling league of legends, reinstalling drivers (reinstalling catalyst), updating the drivers through device manager (which makes it go down to perma 30 all game long for some reason, forcing me to reinstall catalyst), trying the beta catalyst on AMD's website, such as 15.10 or 15.9 (which both made the game completely unplayable, 120 fps but with massive stuttering everytime i use a spell) and switching CCC settings to maximum performance.

So whats the issue? What do i need to do now? Is it windows 10 that is not fully compatable with the drivers? Overheating? should i go back to windows 8.1? i'm getting really desperate here. I still think i shouldn't be getting such bad performance with these specs, even if they're not super good.

any help would be appreciated. thank you,

João Palma.

Outcomes