AnsweredAssumed Answered

HD7950: Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered

Question asked by zennieabitar on Oct 17, 2015

Issue: "Display Driver Stopped Responding and has recovered"  Only occurs when playing games. Also skype video chats when I'm in a different windows seem to get delayed and go a bit funky.

1. OS? (32 or 64 bit)  Win 10 64bit

2. Graphics card?  HD 7950

3. Power supply? Corsair 750hx

4. Overclocked? Nope

5. Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

6. When did issue first appear?

Issue first appeared about 2 months ago. (not sure if relevent, but I reset windows 10 and noticed the issue on the same day). I had Windows 10 tech preview from 02/10/2014 with no issues. Even launch version of windows 10 had no issues. Issue only started after I reset windows 10 to a clean install, but this could just be conincidence.

Attempted fixes.

-Used AMD Clean Uninstall Utility and removed drivers, restarted and tested with older drivers for windows 8.

-Did the above but with various driver version, both current and beta drivers.

-Completly reinstalled windows multiple times now

-Re-sat primary RAM slots

-TdrDelay fix didn't work

-Monitored gpu temps, nothing that should spark concern

I'm not overly tech savy, but I just want to know if there is anything else I can do before buying a new GPU. The only other thing I can think of is downgrading to windows 8, but I honestly don't believe this is the issue, as windows 10 has been working for me for over a year now.

Attachments:

- I have included Dxdiag in attachment.

- Screenshot of event viewer error and the frequency this error happens when I'm in game

Thanks, and I appreciate any help.

Attachments

Outcomes