10 Replies Latest reply on Oct 20, 2015 8:21 AM by staticfx

PayItForward (APU)

iwalkwithedead

I believe that everyone should actually pay it forward or at least want to be that type of person. To see that smile on someone’s face when you give them something that they actually need is beyond words or feeling, sometimes you break down with all of the feels of onions rubbed in your eyes but it is worth it. 

My sister and brother-in-law have been there for me over and over again, giving me things I couldn’t give myself. Like food and a roof over my head many years ago when I had only a car to live in. They have taken me in so many times when I needed it the most. Even to this day where I am able to stand on my alone they still help out when they can so this is how I am paying them back. 

They have always owned OEM computers since I have known them (I mean since they have been together); eMachine, Acer, HP, Dell, all of those companies that give you something in the computer area that barely gets by, this is only my opinion of course, I have had them all as well since I first owned a pc in 2001 until 2012 when I build my first one on my own. They usually found them used at yard sales, craigslist or through trades, I believe only once they purchased one brand new and it was an Intel Celeron eMachine. Celeron’s have been their life for the longest of times, they once owned an AMD K6 and my brother-in-law still feels it was the fastest PC he has owned since, currently he has a 2.8 Intel Core 2 Due lol 

I am in position to start giving back so I am doing this for them. I decided to go with an AMD APU because they don’t really game but if they did, this would be able to do what they wanted. It may not be the best of the best but it will do exactly what they need and want from it for many years to come. I might eventually find a GPU for it if they ever need one. 

The amazing AMD has helped me out with some parts (APU, RAM, Case), along with the awesome Gigabyte (Motherboard). A lot of love and credit goes to them for all their help in this project, thank you! The rest of the parts I of course purchased, all of the prices at up to date. I hope you enjoy the thought behind all of this as they clearly did.  

The Reveal Story My sister (Kelly) came over to visit without Brother-In-Law (JP) so I had to think fast on how to get it to him. I told her that I needed to go to her house to hook up my computer because something is wrong with it and I need JP’s help. 

When we arrived, I told him the same story, so after a bit he started to get things ready to hook it up, unhook PS3 for HDMI cable, moved chair over to TV area for PC to stand on because everything wasn’t so adjustable for moving in the area. I told him “yeah there is just something on the desktop that I can’t explain,” which is the wallpaper I made for the build. He powered on the PC, it loaded quickly, he read the wallpaper and just couldn’t handle the feels. It was quite emotional for a few after that. I think this counts for more than all I wanted. All the feels my friends! 

Specifications

CPUAMD A10-7870K
      CoolerCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
      MotherboardGigabyte GA-F2A88X-UP4
      MemoryAMD Radeon R9 Gamer Series 8GB
      Graphics
      Disc Drive 1Kingston SSDNow V300 Series 120GB
      Disc Drive 2
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUCorsair CX430WM
      CaseCorsair Graphite Series 230T
      Monitor