AnsweredAssumed Answered

Restarting my computer seems to break my graphics driver (Radeon HD-7950)

Question asked by scotchrobbins on Oct 15, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 by scotchrobbins

I've been battling a minor but annoying and persistent issue recently following the release of Windows 10. I game avidly on my PC and, after updating to Windows 10, noticed that my performance running games was significantly lower, pulling under 20 FPS where I would normally pull up to if not above 60. I have not changed any hardware or graphical settings since the update. Naturally, I checked for driver updates and a few turned up. So I updated my drivers, rebooted (as per the driver installation prompt), and game performance was back to normal. After I shut down the computer and restarted it later, however, performance was back to shoddy. I tried reinstalling the graphics driver and, despite the prompt protesting that the driver is already up to date and installed, after going through with installation and rebooting, in-game performance was back to normal. This has worked so far, but I'm getting tired of reinstalling this driver every time I want to play games and leaving my PC on and awake 24/7 simply isn't a practical solution. Some specs: OS: Windows 10 Home 64-Bit (10.0, Build 10240) Processor: AMD FX-6300 GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7950 AMD AutoDetect Utility is convinced that my drivers are up to date. The driver I've been reinstalling is the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1-Win10-64bit as available from their website. If I've neglected any specifications that would assist in deduction, please ask and I would be glad to provide. Anybody have any idea what's going on?

Outcomes