2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 1:04 PM by waltc

Suite 15.7.1 install says "not 64 bit" Not true!

kupuna

Trying to download Suite to Windows 10. Have R7-200 board and a definitely 64-bit system. 15.7.1 installs almost to end then shuts down with message that the machine is not 64-bit. What to do?

• Re: Suite 15.7.1 install says "not 64 bit" Not true!
          wybrem

Perhaps try to reinstall Windows 10, keep in mind that Windows 10 still has a LOT and I mean A LOT of issues. I downgraded to 8.1 due all the issues.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • Re: Suite 15.7.1 install says "not 64 bit" Not true!
            waltc

What happens when you try and install the 15.10's?  Or, have you re-downloaded the 15.7.1 package as it may be an incomplete driver package?   Win10x64 runs great for me with next to no issues at all--and you sound as if you own a desktop--so it probably has nothing to do with Win10, imo. (Had you a laptop it would be different advice--they often require custom device drivers that can come only from the OEM who manufactures the laptop--and if they don't make Win10 drivers for your laptop you *may* be skunked.  Desktops using retail components don't generally have trouble with the generic drivers furnished by the component maker--AMD, nVidia, etc.  Laptops are a whole different proposition.)

1 of 1 people found this helpful