2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 15, 2015 8:49 AM by giedrius999

Mobility drivers update

giedrius999

Hello,

I have a bit a problem with driver update, I have recently decided to update my drivers but when i download latest amd catalyst driver installer, it tells that the component is not connect or is inactive, in general it does not install the driver because it cant find the hardware, allthough im using my driver from a laptop service provider which has the driver from 2013.

Here is the hardware spec.

X2j8xo5[1].jpg

and a driver version, I literaly cant install anything new.

GwPOxWn.png?1

• Re: Mobility drivers update
          kingfish

In order to get any meaningful support for your issue, the following information is requested:

LAPTOPS:

Laptop manufacturer

Laptop exact model number

Operating system? Is this the original OS?

Processor

Graphics chip (card)

Switchable graphics? (AMD + Intel or AMD + AMD)

When did this issue first appear?

What steps have you taken to correct the issue?

Have you searched Windows Update for relevant 'optional'updates?

• Re: Mobility drivers update
              giedrius999

Laptop manufacturer: Hp probook 470g1

Laptop exact model number. n/a

Operating system? Is this the original OS? 7 64bit, not.

Processor i5-4200m

Graphics chip (card) radeon hd 8750m

Switchable graphics? (AMD + Intel or AMD + AMD) intel hd 4000 + amd hd 8750m

When did this issue first appear? a year back

What steps have you taken to correct the issue? tried different driver versions, reinstalling windows.

Have you searched Windows Update for relevant 'optional'updates? Windows are up to date.

UPDATE: I have succesfully installed new driver version, just one thing, if you want it to be successfull you have to leave the old driver installed and write the new one over the old one, the thing was I installed clean windows version and tried to install new drivers instantly, in this order it didnt worked, allthough its very strange that it didnt worked, now I installed it without operating system rewrite, so maybe some updates helped though but its just big maybe. Thanks for your concern but i fixed it.