3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 14, 2015 8:29 AM by amdmatt

Radeon HD 4800 series PCIe needs driver 15.7 or newer for my games. any ideas

fatrat2k

cant find any beta drivers or anything to make games work..any ideas?

After five years of active service, the ATI Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series products reached peak performance optimization on October 15, 2013, and were transitioned to a legacy support lifecycle. No additional driver releases are planned for these products. It is important that PC gamers migrate to a modern AMD Radeon™ graphics card. Customers migrating to a modern GPU can benefit from exciting new features, improved performance, lower power consumption and broad compatibility with the latest PC games.p>

• Re: Radeon HD 4800 series PCIe needs driver 15.7 or newer for my games. any ideas
          amdmatt

Hi,

Due to the age of your Graphics Card, it will not be getting any driver updates as it's reached peak optimisation. In you wish to use the most recent drivers you will need to upgrade your Graphics hardware. If you wish, i can provide some upgrade suggestions for you if you tell me what games you will be playing, what resolution you are using, what your system specifications are what your budget is to upgrade.

Regarding the best drivers for your current Graphics Card, what Operating System are you using?

If it's Windows 10: You need to use Windows update to obtain a Windows 10 Graphics driver for your HD4xxx Series Graphics Card.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics

ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

For more information, please refer to the following document.

If you are using Windows XP, Windows XP Media Center Edition, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Linux you can obtain the latest  legacy driver for your Graphics Card below.

Step 1> Go to http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Step 2> Scroll down to manually select your driver

Step 3> Select Desktop Graphics

Step 4> Select Your Graphics Card Family from the list (Radeon HD Series)

Step 5> Select Your Specific Graphics Card (HD4xxx Series)

Step 6> Select your Operating System

Step 7> Click Display results

Step 8> Download Catalyst 13.9 beta (the most recent driver available for your Graphics Card)

Please install our Graphics Drivers following this guide.  http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/catalyst-windows-install.aspx

Was my post helpful? If so, please make sure to mark it as correct/helpful where applicable.

1 of 1 people found this helpful