9 Replies Latest reply on Oct 17, 2015 11:32 AM by charles4691

Quad Fury X qustion

charles4691

If you had quad Fury X's,would they equally scale up to 4 way configuration in 4K

• Re: Quad Fury X qustion
          zealotki11er

Depending on the game. Probably after 3 the benefits are small. First card gives you 100%, Second card gives 50%, third card give 25%.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            t77chevy

online benchmarks show excellent scaling with the furyx in 4 way  . I myself run two r9 295x2 in quadfire and ultras every game I've thrown at it in 4k

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                1337cammy

Frames per second should be high but the framtime should be unconsistent since the GPUs are not only communicating with the CPU but with each other as well.

This results in a mixture of faster and slower frametimes.

DX12 has a phenomenal standpoint which could really make Crossfire/SLI more viable due you can call each graphics card to take care of a different area of your screen.

VRAM is still copied in each card but this could prevent this kind of frametime behaviour and this is really really really interesting!

t77chevy

lets say gta 5 , one card " r9 295x2" ultra settings except aa of course as its not needed at 4k " 32 inch 10 bit ips with 159ppi " I average 65 fps .

same game / settings with two cards average 120 fps , pretty good scaling with a game for high cpu usage.

the min fps is ofcourse lower with the one card vs running the two cards although neither of these is much a drop to begin with .

same setup but this time with vsync , obviously 60 fps with dips to low 50s cause , ya know ... rockstar with one card.

same now with both cards , same 60 with dips to mid 50s .

not sure my experience is backing up your claim .

1337cammy

Are my informations outdated?

As far as I know that was one of the major problems Crossfire and SLI had in its' general performance.

t77chevy

I honestly cant state as this is the first quadfire rig I've ran period , cf several times and the annoying stuttering that seem to happen with a lot of games . my last build ran two 290x cf and noticed that cf stuttering seems to be a thing of the past , I've only seen it two times sense going quadfire and both times was for games at launch before optimized drivers was released " witcher 3 , som " .

I cant do the 3 gpu vs 4 as I can do 1/2/4 " dual gpus miss that 3 way option " , but all the games I play see excellent gains from 1 card to 2 , the only exceptions are those games that don't like cf period " saints row the 3rd / gta 4 ect."

amd games like tomb raider ect sees almost perfect scaling all the way around ,  I haven't attempted over two gpus before the 295x2 build I currently run " and to be honest , a little overkill for a single 4k screen " .

I believe its amd matt on here who runs the 4 furyx and would be an excellent person to ask for this setup .

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                        charles4691

Thank you for your reply

charles4691

Thank you to all who took the time to reply to my question with the quad Fury X .