13 Replies Latest reply on Oct 16, 2015 1:22 PM by hunter-

for AMD company

hunter-

Cheers to AMD company.i have 1 dilemma.I don t understand why a big concern like AMD don t have yet HDMI 2.0 implemented on their graphic card.Even on R9 fury X,hdmi 2.0 is not present.Im sorry to say this but is a shame ,because today are many many dispositives with hdmi 2.0.I know AMD suggest DP,but are less display with DP and very expansive.For example a tv Samsung 40 inch with 4k/60p are half price like a Philips monitor with same diagonal with DP,and I think many people buy a less expansive dispositives.

I am not a fan boy but +1 GeForce company for hdmi 2.0 implemented on their video card.Hdmi ver 1.4 with 4k/30p is a shame srry

So AMD if u bothered to read this,please at least implement hdmi 2.0 on next gen card.Is sad because  AMD gpu are strong,but at this point with hdmi 2.0 is LOOSING terrain

Sincerely Hunter-,

• Re: for AMD company
          t77chevy

if you spend the money for a couple good gpus to run 4k ...why are you even thinking about using a tv ? and if you just have to use a tv for pc gaming , they do make dp to hdmi 2.0 adapters .I myself am a 4k gamer and use and highly recommend a 4k monitor with dp connection .

hunter-

p.s I found a monitor from Philips 4k with 3ms whic have dp,hmdi 40 inch :

Philips BDM4065UC but like i say is too expansive

In fact is the single monitor for the moment with 4k and DP

t77chevy

first when you ask for help , be polite

second the adapter I mentioned was for displayport to hdmi 2.0 which is all 4k @ 60 hz .

and lastly several monitors run dp , for example my benq bl3201ph and 100 others , tv are the only hard ones to find with dp .

and you're welcome

hunter-

to be honest...32 inch size is too small for 4k resolution.For 4k you must have at least 40 inch to enjoy that resolution and Philips BDM4065UC is single 40 inch monitor for the moment in the world if I'm not wrong

t77chevy

size of needed monitor is preferences, some wont use over 27 inches , some wont use under 60 inches , just keep in mind the larger the screen the less your ppi are and the need for aa @ 4k start to rise as those ppi become smaller .my 32 inch " my ideal sweet spot " has 159 ppi and doesn't require any aa for my games and saves on the vram .

4k can be just as large a screen you can afford / want . the question becomes can your gpus push solid fps @ 4k with x amount of aa on top of that , which also falls under the amount you can afford 

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        hunter-

from what I heard gtx 980Ti can handle it 4k resolution with succes through hmdi 2.0 ;d

and from AMD card there are 2 powerfull gpu can handle it 4k resolution but only on DP: hd 7990 and r9 295x2

I am not a critic,i am not a fanboy but absence hdmi 2.0 causes a handicap in amd card.This is just my opinion

and DP is a bit slow than hdmi 2.0

DP 1.2 have 17.92 mbit/s transfer rate

hdmi 2.0 have 18.00 mbit/s transfer rate

and DP 1.3 have 32.04 mbit transfer/s but dp 1.3 is just a dream for the moment!!

t77chevy

Amd has several gpus that do excellent at 4k .as a matter of fact look at benchmarks and you'll see amd on top .

And again ..buy a dp to hdmi 2.0 adapter . Or better yet .. don't use a tv for gaming ..monitors are better .

For smooth gaming at 4k you will need two 980ti from that side . While two furyx is of course the better way to go .....stop using tv . Use a gaming monitor for a gaming pc .

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                        hunter-

Benq BL3201PH is a great monitor 4k because display is made by AU Optronics.

They are the best at lcd panel.In the past I had an laptop asus g2s-a1 with 1920x1200 with 2 CCFL with 400 cd/m2.On the display back wrote: B170PW04-V0.

That display was gorgeus.I think I wil never seen such display like that on any laptop in the world!!!

Respect Au Optronics!!