Intel i5 4690K
Sapphire R9 390 Nitro
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
EVGA 600W+ Hardlined
Games like Mount and Blade: Warband (DX9), DayZ (DX9) and Europa Universalis 4 (DX9) all run without any problems.
Games like Company of Heroes 2 (DX11), Battlefront (DX11) and the Witcher 3 (DX11) all crash at random intervals. The screen will freeze on the current frame, the sounds continue like usual and hotkeys still trigger actions (which you can't see). After a couple of seconds the game will crash and a 'Display drivers have stopped working' message will pop up.
Things that have been tried;
- Lowering in-game settings; still crashes.
- Decrease clock, increase power limit; still crashes.
- Install 15.7.1 after a complete DDU wipe; still crashes.
- Install 15.9.1 after a complete DDU wipe; still crashes.
- Run in compatibility mode for w7, w8(.1); still crashes.
- Windowed mode, still crashes.
I very much doubt it's the power supply as it can easily go through a Furmark benchmark or any of the DX9 games mentioned above. Plus, 600w with a good 12v rail is enough for a single 390.