2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 3, 2016 7:51 AM by superblyat

MSI R9 390 Displayport and HDMI No Signal.  Only DVI-D Works

koukimonster

Hey Guys,

I just built a new pc and I am experiencing an odd issue with my MSI R9 390 GPU.  So far only the DVI-D input has a signal while Displayport and HDMI do not.  I am using the included cables provided by Asus as my monitor is an ASUS PB278Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440.

My build is:

i7-4790k

Cryrorig H7 Cooler

Gigabyte Gaming 7 z97 Mobo

16GB Gskill Ripjaws X series DDR3 Ram 1600

MSI R9 390

Crucial BX100 250GB SSD

XFX Core Edition Pro 850w PSU

ASUS PB278Q 27" 1440p Monitor

Windows 8.1

I've downloaded and installed the latest AMD drivers and everything is brand new.

Any ideas?

• Re: MSI R9 390 Displayport and HDMI No Signal.  Only DVI-D Works
          t77chevy

its something with that monitor , mine did the exact same thing , only monitor to ever give me this issue ive tried 8 different configurations on this pc .

the nice part is there is an easy way around this . plug both the dp cable and dvi d in the monitor and boot pc , for whatever reason the pc sees two separate monitors , switch to the dp connection " shown as monitor two windows " turn the monitor input over to dp . this might take a couple tries but once the monitor shows a signal like it should all you have to do is shut down pc and disconnect the dvi dl cable and boot pc . it now will see the dp connection to the asus monitor and work from there on out , everyone who has this monitor has had this issue .

• Re: MSI R9 390 Displayport and HDMI No Signal.  Only DVI-D Works
            superblyat

Hi Koukimonster,

I think i've found a solution to our problem. I was struggling for 2 months with this HDMI output. I thought it was a problem between both the integrated graphics and the AMD graphics card. After shutting of the integrated one in BIOS, I still had those problems. Sometimes it works, many times not.
            When my screen was black again after the PC came out of sleep-mode, I pressed ALT-F4. AMD HDMI OUTPUT just worked again. But then i saw that my "speaker-icon" was disabled (big red cross). Clicking on it opened windows 10 troubleshooter, and fixed it.

Now, for your fix (which seems to work for me for 2 days now):  right click the "speaker-icon" in the desktop tray -> select "playback-devices" -> right click on any of those devices and make sure "show disabled devices" and "show disconnected devices" is turned on -> disable all disconnected (unused) "AMD high definition audio devices". Should be about 5

I hope it works out for you!

sound_playback_devices.png