1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 9, 2015 3:57 PM by kingfish

Windows 10 graphics driver problem ( I tried a lot of stuff)

sanad92

Hii, This my laptop's model HP Pavilion dv6-6000se Entertainment Notebook PC,
      It has switchable graphics. Raedon4200 and Raedon 6600, I read that the R4200 won't be supported anymore and I didn't mind,
      So, I had trouble with brightness, it wasn't working and games were slow, I tried installing the latest driver software from the AMD page which was the 15.7.1 I guess?, still didn't work. I read that I should get the 15.6 beta one, I installed it and it didn't work either then I went over the hp support page here and got that and it somehow worked, brightness was fine, games I played didn't slow down or anything.

But then 2 days ago, Windows 10 decided to automatically update the graphics driver, and I got the "The current AMD graphics card is not supported" or something and I lost the Sleep button, so I went and tried removing the drivers again using some driver removal software called DDU, and now when I install any of the old drivers(The HP one, the 15.6 beta one or the 15.7.1) I get the brightness working alright but in the Device Manager it's detecting the adapters as "Microsoft Basic Display Adapters"  and the games are slow.

P.S: When I install the 15.9 beta, they get detected in the Device Manager list but I get the "The current AMD graphics card is not supported" and no brightness/slowgames/nosleep button.

Hope you can help, thanks in advance.

• Re: Windows 10 graphics driver problem ( I tried a lot of stuff)
          kingfish

The 4000 series AMD graphics are not supported..they do not meet the minimum requirements for Windows 10. You can use the MBDD drivers furnished by Microsoft through Windows Update...with basic functions.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

Discrete AMD Graphics Products That Do Not Support Windows® 10

The following is a list of graphics products that do not have driver support Windows® 10:

• ATI Radeon™ X1### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X1### Series Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ X### Series/ATI Mobility Radeon™ X### Series Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 9000 Series Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 8500 Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 7500 Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ DDR Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 7000 Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 7000VE Graphics
          • ATI Radeon™ 7000LE Graphics

Windows® 10 will install the default Microsoft® Basic Display Driver (MBDD) for these graphics adapters. MBDD provides basic display functionality (low resolutions and color) on a single monitor but DOES NOT support:

• Display scaling control
          • Multiple displays
          • Display rotation
          • Video capture
          • Power settings
          • VSync control
          • Brightness control on integrated display panels
          • AMD Catalyst™ Control Center

If your system is equipped with an AMD Radeon™ X1### Series product or older, you may consider the following options:

1. Continue using the existing operating system.
          2. If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and would like to revert back to the previous version of Windows, refer to this Microsoft page for instructions
          3. Upgrade to an AMD graphics product that provides Windows® 10 support. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as

1. Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
          2. Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirement
          3. Display with compatible connections