6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2015 1:53 PM by alex_pilon

FirePro W5100 keeps crashing - Win8.1 X64

alex_pilon

Hi all,

Been having a problem with more and more users on Windows 8.1 X64, where the FirePro W5100 driver would just crash on a regular basis (5-10 times per day), while doing different things, under different workload.

All the users have the same hardware: Dell Precision T1700 tower. w/ a single FirePro W5100 connected to 2 X 22 inch Dell monitors via the supplied DVI to DisplayPort adapter.

Users will either be using software like the Adobe Design Standard suite CC2015 (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign) and some AutoCad, and sometimes it'll be some Developers software (Visual Studio 2015, Python, etc.).

I have installed the newest driver version possible, which is 14.502.1019, and the problem continued.

I have fully uninstalled everything AMD from the computer, rebooted, and reinstalled the driver: problem continues.

I am at a loss. I have some architects who need to use the GPU for work, and it keeps crashing and they lose valuable time doing and redoing edits.

Is there something I can do to verify if the card is dying out or what the problem could be ?

Please note that reformatting the computer isn't really possible, considering that the users are well, using the computers.