0 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2015 3:13 PM by inkice

[Sponsored Project] BitFenix Shinobi XL "Red Window"

inkice

Description:

This is the work log for my first case modding project. This is my first case modification ever and if there is any misspelling in the text I hope you guys don’t mind too much. I have dyslexia but I’ll try to do my best and let someone read it before I post it.

Background:
      I have always been interested in computers. Built many configurations in my days everything from Servers to workstations. I did one modification when I was very young but that was to install a cold cathode into my case. After that I have always wanted to build my own case or rebuild a case.
      Started to follow international case builders and modders. There is especially one person got my interest and got me to where I am today. Peter Brands also known as L3p. I’ve been following his work and got inspiration from him.

My first project is a case modification or rebuild if you want to call it that.
      I hope to inspire more people from Sweden to make their dreams come through.

Design and Inspiration:

I call the project “Red Window” because I’ll custom make 2 side panel windows and have a lot of red details in this case. There will be a lot of light works and details making.

The Shinobi XL is a full tower, I always been into big cases just to fit hardware and have opportunity to arrange cables and cooling.

I planned to get the original case my own touch with lights and a theme in red.

I decided to go with black and red, make some custom red carbon decals and other cool stuffs.

Hardware Components

Case - BitFenix Shinobi XL

Motherboard - ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0

CPU - AMD-FX8350

GPU - Radeon R9 270x GDDR5 OC 4GB

Memory - HyperX Savage DDR3 1800MHz 16GB

PSU - EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2

SSD - Kingston SSDNow V300 280GB

SATA - Seagate SSHD 1TB

Cooling

CPU - H100iGTX Cooler

Case - Fans

Other Components

Sponsors

stylingwebben-logo-black.jpg

Project start:

I started with the 3D model of the case and try to make a 3D model that show how my thoughts and ideas would look like. Got hooked with a designer that wanted to help out with this to help me out.

casefront.jpg

Right now I'm waiting on all the material for window cutting and the panel to control all lightning and other stuff that will be installed into the case. In the end the case will be Black and Red and have red LED's inside and I'll even change the Power Led and HDD loading led to red ones.

Meddelandet redigerades av: Fredrik Ahl