AnsweredAssumed Answered

BSOD only after Sleep - Different Bugcheck Codes in different Windows Drivers.

Question asked by johanneszab on Oct 5, 2015
Latest reply on Dec 25, 2017 by asadumer90

Hello everybody!

I've a problem with my new system (2 month old now), and i think i basically ruled everything out except the graphics card, the cpu itself and the mainboard.

The problem is the system sometimes, not always, wont resume properly after putting it into the sleep mode and crashes with different BSODs (irql_not_less_or_equal, bad pool header, kmode_exception_not_handled, etc.) in some random windows drivers, mostly the kernel ntoskrnl.exe itself. Since the BSOD is always different, I thought of a ram problem at first, but I've tested 3 different dimms now, I also rum memtest86 for 4 hours on them, and there wasn't any errors with them at all. But the BSODs stayed. The System once ran for 14 days without problems, so that i am personally thinking of a driver problem. Also, there wasn't any application crashes yet, only BSOD. Which might indicate a driver as well because of its different memory space.

Finally, last week i did a complete fresh install of windows 10 with mostly only hardware drivers and BF4 + Origin to test the system, and it still crashed. So no "software" drivers (i.e. VMware, etc), except the preinstalled Microsoft Defender.

To sum up everything, things i've tried so far:

• The system is new, so maybe hardware related?
  • The Stop Codes only happen after sleep during wake up so far.
  • I am sure that I had the same problem with the one week i was running Windows 8.1 before i updated to Windows 10. So it's maybe not Windows 10 related.
  • I did run a sfc /scannnow, it passed without errors.
  • memtest86 run for 4h without any error. I've also changed to different dimms.
  • I already updated all drivers and the bios (F9). Catalyst Version 15.7
  • SMART long tests without errors
  • Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool passed
  • chkdsk /F /R C: is also clean
  • I almost uninstalled all software with drivers (.sys) except those for (well known) Hardware. Not that much was installed yet, but ..
  • Finally, did a clean install last week, no change.
  • Changed Wifi adapter. The BSOD stayed.
  • The only hardware i did not swap yet is the GPU, CPU and the Mainboard.
  • No overclocking whatsoever.

Here are 11 Minidums, dxdiag, systeminfo and all system / hardware related infos. I can upload some full memory.dmp's as well if someone cares..

https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=529b106a3007062a&id=529B106A3007062A!1012&authkey=!AIMEXbWQd-Cw1Lw

The System:

Sapphire AMD Radeon R9 380 OC Dual-X Nitro

Gigabyte GA Z97X-Sli

Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3

be quiet! Straight Power 10 500W CM

Crucial MX200 250GB

2x Crucial BLS8G3D1609DS1S00 Ballistix 8GB DDR3 PC3-12800 1600MHz CL9

Asus USB N13 WiFi

Windows 10 64Bit

AMD Catalyst Version 15.7

So, my question finally: Is this any common problem with the R9 300 Radeons? I searched a bit and i couldn't find any hints in this direction. So, it is probably not the case. I'm thinking of RMAing the Radeon as a next step, even though i'm not 100% sure if it is the cause of my problem since the lack of clear indications and even though i'm personally thinking its a driver problem, so it probably won't affect anything at all and is a waste..

Thanks for any possible help.

Johannes

Outcomes