AnsweredAssumed Answered

upgrading video card

Question asked by elbereth5 on Oct 5, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 by warpfact0r10

Hello,
We purchased a Asus AMD A-10 7800 pc with integrated R7 graphics for our teenage son a few months ago and he uses it for gaming on steam but is having to use the low setting and has a bit of lag and is wanting to upgrade the graphics a bit so the performance is better.  We know nothing about pc gaming and the more I read the more confused I get on how to find a compatible graphics card in the $100-$150 range.  I've read that on some pc's you can't add a video card if you have integrated, unless it is compatible with crossfire (whatever that is) but then some motherboards aren't compatible with crossfire,  how you have to know whether you have a pci express x 16 slot, whether the power supply is compatible etc. etc. But I haven't found any where that explains how to discover all this information.  Basically, I am wondering if anyone can guide me in the right direction to either find out how to find this information or recommend graphic cards to look at.  Thanks for any help you can give.

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

Outcomes