2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 2:11 PM by kingfish

Mad Max is reporting that the display drivers only gave it low resolution settings. Will there be a fix so my game recognizes the higher resolutions supported?

hewittv18

I downloaded Mad Max from Steam, and noticed that the resolution was strange. I went into the graphics settings and found that the maximum resolution allowed was 1366 x 768, which the game says was the maximum reported resolution from the video card driver. I can play nearly every other game I own at 1900x1080 or thereabouts. Further strangeness, my Batman games allow the higher resolutions, as did Shadow of Mordor, but suddenly Shadow of Mordor will only allow this lower resolution as well.

Is there a fix for this?

EDIT: System Specs

DESKTOP

Operating system : Windows 10, 64 Bit

Processor: AMD FX Quad Core 3.8Ghz

Graphics card: XFX Raden HD 7850 1GB Core Edition

Overclocking? No

Power Supply: Corsair CX 500W 80+ Semi-Mod

Have you checked for a Motherboard bios update? No

Windows Update current? 'Optional' updates installed? Yes, up to Date.

When did the issue first appear? Installation

Steps you have taken to correct the issue:

Reinstalled Game

Reinstalled Display Drivers

Googled

• Re: Mad Max is reporting that the display drivers only gave it low resolution settings. Will there be a fix so my game recognizes the higher resolutions supported?
          kingfish

In order to get any meaningful support for your issue, the following information is requested:

Please do not post any DXdialog or links to a image.

Please post in an appropriate forum.

LAPTOPS:

Laptop manufacturer

Laptop exact model number

Operating system? Is this the original OS?

Processor

Graphics chip (card)

Switchable graphics? (AMD + Intel or AMD + AMD)

When did this issue first appear?

What steps have you taken to correct the issue?

Have you searched Windows Update for relevant 'optional'updates?

DESKTOPS:

Operating system

Processor

Graphics card(s) ( exact card..not the series)

Overclocking?

Power Supply ( wattage,manufacturer, and model number )

Have you checked for a Motherboard bios update?

Windows Update current? 'Optional' updates installed?

When did the issue first appear?

Steps you have taken to correct the issue

• Re: Mad Max is reporting that the display drivers only gave it low resolution settings. Will there be a fix so my game recognizes the higher resolutions supported?
              kingfish

Try reinstalling the graphics drivers:

1. Manually select your graphics drivers HERE (I would use the beta drivers) and download/save to your desktop.

2. Remove old drivers using 'uninstall a program' in the computer control panel****

FOR COMPUTERS WITH INTEL PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and EXPRESS uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

FOR COMPUTERS WITH AMD PROCESSORS***

Select AMD Catalyst Install manager and selectively uninstall the graphics drivers and CCC only. Reboot. Install the new driver suite. Reboot.

Note: Disable all anti-virus/ anti-malware/ anti-anything while performing the installation. Very important.

Please note that if you choose "Express Install" the new drivers, it will automatically install the 'Gaming Evolved' (raptr) app in addition to the drivers. If you do not wish to have raptr on your computer, choose 'Custom' install the new drivers and uncheck the box next to 'Gaming Evolved'.

This is a proven installation method that will work 99% of the time for everybody. However, there is the 1% who will need to use the 'Clean' install method. Use this if you run into issues.