AnsweredAssumed Answered

Can't get three monitors working (out of range after install)

Question asked by trscp on Oct 4, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 by trscp

Hello! First post here, just upgraded to Windows 10 and I am now down to one monitor

Backstory:

Windows 7, I had to run version 13.1 of Catalyst Control Center (or a version close to that, I can't remember off the top of my head) to be able to use my monitors, the latest and greatest versions would render my monitors useless, causing me to have to hook up a TV to be able to see my desktop since it was "in range"

So, now that I've switched to Windows 10, I get the same problem, but don't have older versions of CCC to fall back to! Hmm....

Biostar Z87X3D

Intel i7 4790K

16 gigs of ram (Crucial Ballistix slims, I do believe)

MSI Radeon R9 270X 2 gig

HP 2009m x3 (One is on a DVI to HDMI cord, the other two on DVI cords)

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Without CCC installed, I can have two of these on, one duplicated on the other, but I cannot extend nor detect the third monitor. Once I install the 15.7 version of CCC I need to hook up the TV to see my display, then sometimes it lets me use ONE monitor to extend, sometimes not. If I plug back in my monitor via HDMI, it worked ONCE, but then a restart and it stopped working again (That weird blank screen thing, we can discuss that later)

Looking at the monitor properties in CCC, it would show that my monitors are set to 1600x900 and at 60hz, but this is apparently out of range, and that I should change the settings to 1600x900 at 60hz. Yes, I did just say the exact same thing.

If  I try to set it to 59hz, it simply sticks on 60hz. Checking another section in CCC, it states max registered rate is 70hz? I don't get it.

So, what am I missing? Get me back to a triple monitor setup, and able to use CCC!!!!!!

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Outcomes