5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 2:43 PM by doganis

Computer freezing/hanging during normal opeartion and during startup

doganis

HI,

I built a new rig last month and have had this reoccurring issue where when i start the computer or restart it from running that after the bios option flags the whole system hangs/freezes during post and the system does not start, no OS load, no keyboard, no mouse, screen blank.  On top of that i have been getting these seemingly random freezing where the computer just freezes (no blue screen).  This has occurred while gaming and while browsing the web.  I have had similar issue doing multi tasking and running a single program.  To address this issue i started checking for out of date drivers and even if the bios need to be updated, all are good.

Looking into various forums i have been led down the path to consider if there is an issue with my CPU.  I downloaded AMD overdrive and ran the stability test, but after 15 secs it informs me of a Hardware failure and stops, sometimes it just freezes when i run it, but most of the time it does that.

So i guess my questions are what is really going on, how can i fix this, and is there something wrong with my cpu?

System info

MB: Asus Crosshair V Formula-z

CPU: AMD Fx 9590 Black 4.95GHZ (is water cooled)

Ram: G.Skill 2x*GB

HDD: Boot: SSD WD 250G secondary WD 2T

GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290

Case: Cool Master HAF

Im not a complete novice, but im certianly not an expert so i appreciate any help i can get as this is driving me nuts that i cant figure this out.

Let me know if there is anything else i need to provide and how to get it in case i am not familiar.

Thank you