AnsweredAssumed Answered

Questions about Crossfire and A Problem I encounter (Random Freezing)

Question asked by kelleke on Oct 2, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 by black_zion

First of all hello and thank you in advance if you can answer my questions.

I recently bought "Asus AMD Radeon R7 260x" and installed it to my pc. I also downloaded and used the GPU Tweak with it's Default settings and used it like that. In the first month I was okay with it. I could play most of the recent games with 60 fps. Then something weird happened. My pc just freezes (I can't move anything and everything literally stops midway) and refuses to move until I force turn it off or reset it. I don't have the chance to get another GPU to test if the GPU is the culprit but I will do so when I get the chance. Also I get a loud glitch sound from my speakers or headphones when it happens. It becomes silent after 5 or 6 seconds. It rarely happens when I am gaming (happened a total of 3 times when gaming, and a grand total of +100 time I suppose). I will try a format his weekend.

And the second part:

I want to buy a "Asus AMD Radeon R9 380" next to my "Asus AMD Radeon R7 260x" to boost performance. One of my friends told me I can connect two or more (not sure about more) GPU's to get better performance or Frames-per-second. I also made some research and found that it's called Crossfire. I already have a Crossfire cable (comes with the first GPU I bought) and I think I know the basics. Now for the more specific questions:

1. How exacty does crossfire work?

2. How can I be sure it will work properly?

3. Will the 2 GPU's power be added (or multiplied) or how much performance can I get from the told 2 GPU's?

4. Does making a Crossfire connection require and software?

5. How much does it last? I mean the total lifespan of the told GPU's.

I appriciate anyone who could give me any hints or explanations about my problem. I also appriciate anyone who can answer any of my questions about Crossfire.

Sincerely,

A new user

Outcomes