AnsweredAssumed Answered

Sapphire Radeon R9 390X Tri-X OC 8GB stuck at 100% load in windows

Question asked by mackai on Oct 2, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 4, 2015 by goodplay

Hello. i am having some trouble with my R9 390x,. I have fresh install of windows 7 with sp1 and all current updates, i have 16Gb of Corsair Vengeance 2400MHz ram, i have a FX-8370E cpu mounted on a Asus crosshair v formula-z, running the latest catalys beta drivers 15.9 Beta. ( i have tried the 2 latest stable and 2 latest beta drivers and there is no change )

The problem i am having is this, when doing nothing special, opening chrome and loading twitch or youtube DWM.exe crashes and this puts the gpu at 100% load and it's stuck there and there is nothing that i can find that will reset the gpu back to 0% load other than rebooting, the problem is not consistent and does not happen all the time, sometimes i can go for literally 1 whole day without it happening...

Sure it might not be the end of the world since everything works, but installing things or having to grant permission to programs takes 20 - 40 seconds each time the screen has to load the confirmation box and such, but then again, running the gpu at 100% load 24/7 all the time will probably not make it last longer than if it sat at 0% when browsing the web or watching a movie or just doing nothing and having the desktop background there.

Outcomes