1 Reply Latest reply on Oct 2, 2015 2:42 AM by savagebeastzero

I upgraded from Radeon HD7770 to R7 260x, now I have a 1 inch border around my screen that I can't get rid of.  Monitor is Dell 2421L.  Can anyone help get rid of this border?

kb5zue

I upgraded my system from a Radeon HD7770 to a R7 260x.  Now I have a one inch border around the screen that I can't get rid of.  I have a Dell 2421L monitor with a 24 inch screen. How can I get rid of the border around the edge of my screen?  Should I go back to the Radeon?  I have been building my own systems for the past 25 years so I consider myself to have considerable knowledge with computers but this is the first time I have run across this problem.  I made sure that all the old drivers were uninstalled and system rebooted before installing the new drivers for the new card and that did not fix the problem.  I would greatly appreciate any help I can get.

• Re: I upgraded from Radeon HD7770 to R7 260x, now I have a 1 inch border around my screen that I can't get rid of.  Monitor is Dell 2421L.  Can anyone help get rid of this border?
          savagebeastzero

Hey kb5zue,

Sorry to hear you're having issues with scaling. Please follow the directions I have provided below and your issue should be resolved.

STEP #1:

• Right click on the desktop
          • Select Catalyst Control Center

scaling edited1.png

STEP #2:

• Navigate to Properties (Digital Flat Panels) and match your settings to everything listed below that's applicable to what's presently available to your graphics card within the Catalyst Control Center.
          • Important! If enabling Virtual Super Resolution or utilizing another native resolution available to your monitor, you must perform Step #3 for each resolution selected.
          • Explanation: You must then navigate to your Windows display settings, choose the resolution you wish to apply, then perform Step #3 and save. Once again, this must be done for any resolution you ever choose to apply. This must only be performed once per resolution.
          • Please note, that selecting Virtual Super Resolution during this process isn't necessary, but if supported by your graphics card, it's as good a time as any to enable this feature.
          • If your graphics card doesn't support any of the below Catalyst Control Center options, simply skip to Step #3.

scaling edited2.png

STEP #3:

• Navigate to Scaling Options (Digital Flat Panels)
          • Select all settings as shown in the image below and save.
          • As noted in the image below, adjust the sliders underscan/overscan option until your display image is scaled properly to your screen borders.
          • Save once more after adjusting your underscan/overscan slider as noted above.

scaling edited3.png

2 of 2 people found this helpful