6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 6, 2015 5:25 AM by savagebeastzero

problem with 9590 cpu

antisudias

MY SYSTEM

case:corsair obsidian series 750d (4 fans)

psu:corsair gs600

cpu:amd fx 9590

cpu cooler:hydro series h105 240mm extreme performance liquid cpu cooler

mb:asrock 990fx extreme6

ram:2x4g corsair vengeance (1600)

hdd:1x seagate 1tb sata 3

hdd2:1xssd ocz vertex3 64g

gpu:2x ati hd7750

5.25":1x dvdrw

Hi all.I run this system about a month.The problems started when i upgraded the main combination CPU MB and CPU cooler(i bought them all new from reliable store.The pc started to not be stable (1.was freezing for 20-30 seconds on web browsing) (2 was freezing completely with blue screen of death) (3.was rebooting after format when i was installing ati drivers) (4.was completely failing to start,the fans and the lights in the case were starting normally but the screen of the pc was offpower).The last 2 days the pc fail to open most of the times (just the fans start the number 4 problem).I tried everything i could..I formated many times.I checked my temperatures (max50oc cpu and 30oc the mb)replaced rams replaced hdds replaced psu with a 800w replaced gpus the same problem....i turned off ofc turbo mode from bios  c3 c6 etc..Finally i plugged in my previous fx4100 and my system is completely stable.So i quess the problem is the CPU 9590..

Anyone have the same issues with me with this cpu?any help from amd?I paid 600 euro for the upgrade mb cpu and cooler and cant even start my pc...

• Re: problem with 9590 cpu
          black_zion

Updated the BIOS?

t77chevy

it sounds like mobo powerphase is having a hard time powering the 9590 . on asrock page it states a top down blowing cooler should be used as it will use this to help cool the mobo power phase . I personally use the extreme 9 with a custom loop and I still leave a fan blowing across them just to be safe . you can ofcourse always underclock the cpu if needed . I would put a fan on it and see if the problem stops .

antisudias

i have watercooling installed so i cant go for top down blowing cooler.where exactly can i put a fan to help better to get stable.i have installed 4 fans in the case.2 front 1 down and 1 rear.the water cooling is on top.but i dont think is temperature problem.sometimes the computer dont even start even if its on room temperature powered off for hours...

greenpernod

disable turbo boost

savagebeastzero

Hey antisudias

I may be able to assist you, but would need more information, especially when considering there may be a multitude of bios settings that require an adjustment. If you can take screenshots or photographs of each page including the primary home screen, as well and most importantly everything contained within advanced mode, which lists your complete bios settings in detail. I can then review them and possibly offer guidance as to any changes that may need to be made. If you do decide to provide these images, please ensure that you leave nothing out, so be as thorough as possible. List each image in order and place a simple description above each noting it's view order. If an image requires more than one screenshot per image to capture it in it's entirety, please make note of this by marking the image as 1 of 2, 1 of 3 etc. as in the example below.

• Example: Image #5 - 1 of 2 - Advanced Settings - CPU settings - etc. etc.

To ensure that I receive your reply, if you in fact decide to supply the requested images, please send me a personal message to bring it to my attention and I will review everything and reply as soon as possible.

Good luck and have a nice day.