2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 30, 2015 7:12 PM by zamajam

Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor

zamajam

I have two identical LG monitors hooked up through my AMD HD Radeon 7800 HIS IceQ graphics card (both through HDMI) and only one of them is being recognized through Windows 10. I have tried uninstalling the graphics card driver and reinstalling the most recent driver and still get the same result. This was working for several months, then I decided to hook one monitor up through the DVI port and only use one monitor. I recently decided to switch back to two monitors, so I disconnected the DVI and plugged the two HDMI cables back in and now only the single monitor is being recognized.

I looked under device manager and only one monitor is showing. When I look under Display settings it is showing two monitors, but one of them is set for "Display device on: VGA" and I cannot change that.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Re: Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor
          zamajam

I just wanted to add some more things that I have tried. I have pressed Windows key + P and chose Extend, but that did not work. I unplugged the monitor that is on and the monitor that is currently off is now on (so it appears both HDMI ports are working and both HDMI cables are working). When I plugged the other monitor back in, only one works. I have once again completely removed the Catalyst software and the Graphics Driver, rebooted, the reinstalled the latest driver (15.200.1062.1004) but still did not work. I should also mention that when I open the Device Manager, only one of the monitors is showing under "Monitors".

I am going to keep trying and hope something works. I need my second monitor. =)

• Re: Windows 10 Not Recognizing 2nd Monitor
            zamajam

Okay - so I got it to work. Kind of. Here's what I did. Disconnected both HDMI cables, connected the DVI cable to monitor 1 and a HDMI cable to monitor 2. At first nothing happened. I went to control panel, typed in Troubleshooting in the search bar, clicked on Troubleshooting on the top of the newly populated screen, chose Hardware and Sound from the new screen, then clicked on Hardware and Devices. Almost immediately my second monitor came on and now I am enjoying two monitors again.

I have not tried going back to using two HDMI cables yet. I will do that later tonight and hope that it works. But for right now, it seemed to have fixed my problem. I hope this post in some way helps someone that may have this issue in the future.