AnsweredAssumed Answered

Catalyst Control Center Showing Incorrect Driver Version

Question asked by spotanime on Sep 27, 2015
Latest reply on Oct 3, 2015 by spotanime

Help! I'm trying to get my new R9 390 to work!!! I'm on Windows 10 64-bit.

This problem is in relation to an issue I am experiencing where HDMI audio will not play on the 15.7.1 drivers. I realize a beta driver (15.8) corrects this problem, but I've tried multiple things, recommended on these boards, to get this to work to no avail.

• I've tried installing the beta drivers, but HDMI sound still isn't available
  • I've tried rolling back the HD Audio driver from the 15.7.1 drivers, but that didn't work either
  • I've even let Windows Update install the most recent drivers - which it installed the display drivers and HD Audio drivers separate - and that doesn't work.

But interestingly, that last issue has me scratching my head. Catalyst Control Center shows a different HD Audio driver than Windows 10 Device Manager does.

Windows Device Properties shows the most recent HD Audio driver from the Beta drivers: 10.0.0.1

Catalyst Control Center shows a different version: 9.0.0.9905

See the attached screenshot.

I can't help but feel this might be the culprit? Catalyst Software Update also says I'm up to date with drivers.

EDIT: On a related note, this is happening on my second display - I have the PC hooked up to my HDTV via my receiver, and I'll play games in Big Picture in 1080p on that. When I'm just using my monitor, I use the Realtek speakers hooked up to my monitor, and I'll manually switch between the two. Never had a problem doing this with my Nvidia cards. When I test the HDMI sound through the Sound->Playback Devices->Configure Speakers option, my receiver goes from PCM showing all seven speakers to Decoder Off with no speakers available. So I think this definitely is a driver-related issue. I have no problems getting the extended desktop to display.

Please help!

Attachments

Outcomes